Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ahmad Shahzad <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/12 17:28:09 UTC

compiline hadoop offline

Hi ALL,
           Is it possible to compile hadoop using ANT without being
connected to internet. Because whenever i compile hadoop, it checks for some
ivy dependencies online. If it is possible than what should i change to
compile hadoop. I am just changing some of the hadoop code.

Also, if i am behind a proxy, the ANT doesnt works. How can i set the proxy
settings for hadoop so that it can compile with the proxy.

Regards,
Ahmad Shahzad

Re: compiline hadoop offline

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 08:28AM, Ahmad Shahzad wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>            Is it possible to compile hadoop using ANT without being
> connected to internet. Because whenever i compile hadoop, it checks for some
> ivy dependencies online. If it is possible than what should i change to
> compile hadoop. I am just changing some of the hadoop code.

The way it is done right now is that ant build is checking the timestamps of
the published snapshots of downstream projects. Thus, it needs Internet
access. You might want to try
  -Dresolvers=internal
and see if it solves the issue for you.

Cos

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Can you try passing following params to JVM -DproxyHost=<IP> -DproxyPort=<PORT>

It should work for most Java Apps :)

--
thanks
ashish