Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ar...@sifycorp.com on 2002/02/14 11:26:00 UTC

ActionServlet return a pdf document

Hello,
     I am trying to generate a PDF document on the fly based on dynamic jsp
generation comming from BroadVision.
I am making use of an struts action class,which genreates the required PDf
file.When i try to open the PDF file I get the error as

"There was an error opening this document.Could not repair this file"

If i run the same application in Tomcat it works fine.

This is by java code.

public class PDF extends Action
{
     public ActionForward perform(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm
form,HttpServletRequest request,HttpServletResponse response) throws
IOException, ServletException
     {

          try
          {

            Document document = new Document();
            PdfWriter.getInstance(document, baos);
            document.open();
            document.add(new Paragraph("Hello World"));
            document.close();

            response.setContentLength(baos.size());
            ServletOutputStream out = response.getOutputStream();
            baos.writeTo(out);
            out.flush();
        }
        catch (Exception e2)
          {
            System.out.println("Error in "+getClass().getName()+"\n"+e2);
        }
     return null;
     }
}//end of class