Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eoin McCarthy <Eo...@INTAPP.co.uk> on 2001/02/05 11:56:26 UTC

Solaris 8, apache and mod_jk - problem

Hi,

I'm trying to configure apache 1.3.9  and tomcat 3.2 with mod_jk under
Solaris 8.  I'm using the example contexts supplied with the
tomcat.

A standalone configuration of tomcat serves the contexts OK as does tomcat
with apache using mod_jserv. However, I
can't get jsps to run using mod_jk - when I try to run one I just get the
source code. Servlets are also problematic:
for the provided webapps/examples context, the servlets run OK if I do not
explicitly specify that context in the server.xml file.
If I specify it, tomcat complains that it can't find the file (and yes, I
have the location right).

I suspect that the workers.properties file is the problem seeing as I'm
following the off-the-shelf configurations for
tomcat. However, the provided workers.properties file refers to DLLs,
indicating a win32 setup. I've set the paths required as per
my system but I may be missing something - the output from the mod_jk logs
seems to indicate that mod_jk can't find a worker for
jsps. I've tried both ajp12 and ajp13.

The configuration files I'm using are attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Eoin McCarthy

 <<tomcat-jk-2.conf>>

 <<workers.properties>>

 <<httpd.conf>>

 <<server.xml>>

AW: Solaris 8, apache and mod_jk - problem

Posted by Thomas Bezdicek <t....@lgsoft.at>.
Hi,

We had the same problem and solved it by copying the tools.jar into
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib.

BTW: dont use the Hotspot-Engine with -server Parameter it would
crash at sometime with signal 11, it is a bug, use -client Parameter.

regards, tom