Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2007/07/18 09:24:26 UTC

[Axis2] Axis2 1.3 RC2 - Release plan

Hi all,

We are planing to do our next RC , Axis2 1.3-RC2 on this Friday (20th
July). So far we have not found any major issues in the RC1 and we have
not done major changes to the codebase as well , therefore we will be
able to make the RC2 as the final release or do the final release one
week after the RC2. I think its would be great if we could release Axis2
1.3 RC2 withe non-snapshot dependencies. I think we will be able to get
the concrete versions of following dependencies by that time.
- Axiom
-Neethi
-XMLSchema and
-Woden

[Please update the list if any one of the above project is going to be
delayed , b'coz we need to adjust Axis2 release date based on that]

Since now we have a working build system and we are so close the release
I will create a branch today , so if you have any changes that you think
you need to go to the release please check them ASAP.

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 1.3 RC2 - Release plan

Posted by R J Scheuerle Jr <sc...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Depal,

Rich Scheuerle
IBM Web Services
Apache Axis2 (scheu@apache.org)
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

"Davanum Srinivas" <da...@gmail.com> wrote on 07/18/2007 08:07:31 AM:

> Deepal,
>
> Javadocs and documentation are not ready, So RC2 can't be the final :(
>
> -- dims
>
> On 7/18/07, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are planing to do our next RC , Axis2 1.3-RC2 on this Friday (20th
> > July). So far we have not found any major issues in the RC1 and we have
> > not done major changes to the codebase as well , therefore we will be
> > able to make the RC2 as the final release or do the final release one
> > week after the RC2. I think its would be great if we could release
Axis2
> > 1.3 RC2 withe non-snapshot dependencies. I think we will be able to get
> > the concrete versions of following dependencies by that time.
> > - Axiom
> > -Neethi
> > -XMLSchema and
> > -Woden
> >

> > [Please update the list if any one of the above project is going to be
> > delayed , b'coz we need to adjust Axis2 release date based on that]
> >
> > Since now we have a working build system and we are so close the
release
> > I will create a branch today , so if you have any changes that you
think
> > you need to go to the release please check them ASAP.

Is the plan to branch Axis2 or the other dependency projects (or both) ?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Deepal,

Posted by Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@West.NL>.
As quoted from Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>:
> We are planing to do our next RC , Axis2 1.3-RC2 on this Friday (20th
> July).

Would I be able to use 1.3-RC2 from my Maven2 pom?  If so how?
(Which repositories do I need to specify, which version numbers for e.g.
the axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin, axis2-aar-maven-plugin, dependencies...)

Kind regards,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, gertjan@West.NL, West Consulting B.V., +31 15 2191 600

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 1.3 RC2 - Release plan

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
+1. I've suggested in the past that Rampart should really be merged back
into Axis2, since it's essentially a required component and having it as
a separate project only adds administrative overhead with no noticeable
benefit.

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA and Web Services in Java

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Mark,

Rampart nightly build is stuck on this issue [1]. Hopefully will
resolve it tonight. Rampart nightly will be available by friday and we
have nightlies that run rampart tests against Axis2 trunk. So we
should be ok (Famous last words!).

thanks,
dims

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-rampart-dev/200707.mbox/browser