Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/04/26 03:49:25 UTC

Re: svn commit: r164706 - /geronimo/scripts

Hey everyone,

Just dropping a note on this new directory.  We've been depending upon
various scripts for sometime to do incremental testing, releases, and
now nightly builds.  Till David Jencks' buildall.sh script nothing has
really been checked in to svn.  It's nice to have them checked in but
we don't want to give anyone the impression that we support these like
we support jelly scripts.  They don't run on any platform, they
require very new versions of bash, and some require specific packages
to be present to run (wget, and others).  Also also, I don't think it
should be any other committer's job to maintain these scripts if they
change the build.

For these reasons I've moved them out of the main source directory
completely and put them all by themselves in a scripts directory
containing a NOTICE.txt file stating the scripts are not supported at
all.  They are merely there for convenience.

Any thoughts?

-David

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Good idea.  We should add comments on their unsupported nature to each
script as well.

thanks
david jencks