Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/11/13 21:02:30 UTC

RE: Tomcat as a remote server

	If you had provided the full text of the error message I could have
answered you better, but I believe one of two things are happening:
	1.  Something else is trying to use the port that Tomcat wants (you
can use netstat -a to determine what ports are in use)
	2.  You are trying to use a restricted port.  Generally UNIX
reserves ports 1024 and below for usage only by root.  If you are not using
one of these ports then its probably not the problem.

	Randy