Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Oatham <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/25 11:15:26 UTC

jspc and index.jsp

Hi,

I have managed to pre-compile my jsp's down to class files and put them in web-inf/classes.

I have this entry in web.xml

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

I have the servlet WEB-INF/classes/index.class

I have the mapping:

 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>index</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>index</servlet-class>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>index</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

when I hit my application instead of seeing the contents of index.jsp I get a directory listing of the location where index.jsp should be but isn't because it is now a class in web-inf/classes.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Matt.

Re: jspc and index.jsp

Posted by Matthew Oatham <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Arrrgg! Also when I have ..

<frame name="topFrame" scrolling="0" src="jsp/index.jsp" NORESIZE>

With the mapping

 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>jsp.index</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>jsp.index</servlet-class>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>jsp.index</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>jsp/index.jsp</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

I don't get to see jsp/indesx.jsp instead I get a directory listing! I also
changed the above to

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>jsp.index</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/jsp/index.jsp</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

and

<frame name="topFrame" scrolling="0" src="/jsp/index.jsp" NORESIZE>

Still no luck! Is this something to with the uriroot or uribase attributes
at compile time! Do I need to be setting these!

Thanks.

Matt

Re: jspc and index.jsp

Re: jspc and index.jsp