Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dhaval Chauhan <dh...@hotmail.com> on 2008/07/16 18:52:48 UTC

Running the store tutorial application

Hi,
I encountered some problems while trying to run the store tutorial
application from eclipse. I followed the instructions from the README file and
it asks to use the

tuscany-node2-launcher-1.2-incubating.jar to start the
domain but I couldn’t find it.

Instead, I used the LaunchTutorialDomainManager.java to launch the SCA Domain Manager and it worked for me. I just wanted to know whether
this is right way of running the store tutorial app or is there any other option
for this?

Thanks,

Dhaval

Time for vacation? WIN what you need- enter now!
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergiveaway/?ocid=tag_jlyhm

Re: Running the store tutorial application

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Try the following steps :
>
> 1.Update to latest svn revision and build modules and tutorial
> 2.From eclipse, tutorial-domain project, run launch.LaunchTutorialDomainManager
> 3.Open the Domain Manager ui [1], and in the cloud tab start the
> following nodes : CurrencyNode, CatalogsNode, StoreNode
> 4.Now you should be able to run the store tutorial from using [2]
>
> Let me know if this does not work for you.
>
> [1] http://localhost:9990/ui/cloud/
> [2] http://localhost:8100/ui/
>

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Dhaval Chauhan
> <dh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I encountered some problems while trying to run the store tutorial
>> application from eclipse. I followed the instructions from the README file
>> and it asks to use the
>>
>> tuscany-node2-launcher-1.2-incubating.jar to start the domain but I couldn't
>> find it.
>>
>> Instead, I used the LaunchTutorialDomainManager.java to launch the SCA
>> Domain Manager and it worked for me. I just wanted to know whether this is
>> right way of running the store tutorial app or is there any other option for
>> this?
>>
>> Thanks,

LaunchTutorialDomainManager.java is one way. That's what I usually do
from Eclipse.

Another way is:
java -jar <Tuscany-distro>/modules/tuscany-node2-launcher-xyz.jar
assuming that you have built and installed your <Tuscany-distro>
where xyz == 1.4-SNAPSHOT on trunk, 1.2 on the 1.2 release etc.

You can also install the Tuscany Eclipse plugin. That'll add a 'T' icon
(T for Tuscany) to your Eclipse toolbar. Clicking 'T' will create a
tuscany-sca-domain project in your Eclipse workspace for all your SCA
domain definitions and will start the domain manager app in that project.
--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Running the store tutorial application

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Try the following steps :

<dh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered some problems while trying to run the store tutorial
> application from eclipse. I followed the instructions from the README file
> and it asks to use the
>
> tuscany-node2-launcher-1.2-incubating.jar to start the domain but I couldn't
> find it.
>
> Instead, I used the LaunchTutorialDomainManager.java to launch the SCA
> Domain Manager and it worked for me. I just wanted to know whether this is
> right way of running the store tutorial app or is there any other option for
> this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dhaval

> Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende