Posted to community@apache.org by Georg Richter <ge...@apache.org> on 2004/01/24 12:46:09 UTC

ASF at LinuxTag 2004 ?

Apache Software Foundation at LinuxTag 2004?

From June, 23rd to June, 26th the LinuxTag (German for "Linux Day")
conference and exhibition will take place in Karlsruhe, Germany.

The LinuxTag is Europe's biggest event for Free Software in general
and Linux in particular. The event is organized by the German Open
Source community and comprises the "Business- und Behördenkongress"
(Target Audience: Government Agencies, etc.), the "Freier Kongress"
(free attendance) conferences and an exhibition. Among the exhibitors
are companies like Hewlett Packard, Siemens-Fujitsu, Novell/SuSE and
SAP as well as Open Source projects.

The LinuxTag 2003 was attended by about 20.000 visitors, which was a
new record for the event. Six months before LinuxTag 2004 opens its
gates already more exhibition space than was available last year has
been booked.

The LinuxTag organizers have allotted the Apache Software Foundation
and the PHP Project, which has been represented at LinuxTag for the
past five years, exhibition space. Furthermore, thanks to a sponsor,
we have a 21sqm room at our disposal that can be used for
presentations and talks.

ASF projects that are interested in beeing presented at the LinuxTag
exhibition's ASF booth should contact me as soon as possible, so that
we can plan the booth. Per ASF project the German PHP Community is,
together with its sponsor, able to cover the lodging expenses for two
persons.

Also note that the Call for Papers for the "Freier Kongress" / Open
Conference is still open. The deadline for paper submission is
February, 7th 2004. Details are available at

  http://www.linuxtag.de/2004/cfp.html

The conference is organized into three parallel tracks, the usual
attendance of a talk lies between 300 and 800 visitors.

Regards

Georg Richter