Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Erika Marsilio <at...@gte.net> on 2002/03/15 21:08:19 UTC

cgi-scripts don't work

Hi;
I installed apache_1.3.23-win32-86-no_src on windows XP.  The
installation/configuration seems to be working fine since I can get to
the default apache page.  However, when I try to run the CGI scripts it
keeps giving me the same Internal Server Error message.  I do not know
what is wrong.  I read the FAQ's and the Apache Today questions (no
answers) I noticed that this is a common problem.  What should I do?  I
know that perl is working fine.  I have been at this for a long time.
Help!!

Thanks!

Erika

RE: cgi-scripts don't work

Posted by Richard Young <ri...@yahoo.com>.
erika,

i had the same problems, but on my linux install.

its probably 1 of 2 things:

1)permissions to execute on the cgi script you are trying to execute(which
you can change appropriately)

or

2)runtime errors in the script itself (check the error_log file for detailed
error info- not sure where it is on Win XP)

best bet is to look through the error log file. it will give more insight
into the problem.

good luck!