Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2019/04/08 06:10:25 UTC

Redirection of netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org

Hi all,

We have this issue:

The intention has been throughout the Apache NetBeans process to redirect
from netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org. Now that we're working on
graduating, maybe the time for actually doing this has come?

This point has come up today in the DISCUSS thread re becoming a top level
Apache project, hence maybe the moment is right to actually do this now.
See:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/648834cdb10ce55aff2c6c8dd3c32454a74711c6289f385e456b74d8@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Thoughts? If not now when.

Gj

Re: Redirection of netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi all,

We are now redirecting non-existing pages in netbeans.apache.org to the
old website (137.254.56.26) by using a custom htaccess file [1]

For example, the following URL:

https://netbeans.apache.org/kb/previous.html

does not exist in netbeans.apache.org, so it's redirected to the legacy
Oracle web server (137.254.56.26),

https://137.254.56.26/kb/previous.html

And that returns a 404, because "netbeans.org" is a virtual host in
137.254.56.26, so it needs the "Host: netbeans.org" header.

For this to work:

a) we'll need Oracle setting up the old netbeans.org content directly on
the IP above.

or b) we'll need to correctly set up the "Host: netbeans.org" header in
the .htaccess file (it seems this is not working now). I don't now if
this is possible.

Is there anybody more experienced with the Apache web server able to
provide an alternate solution?

Otherwise we'll just proceed with changing the DNS of netbeans.org to
point to netbeans.apache.org, and we'll forget about the old server.

Thanks,
Antonio

[1]
We don't own control of netbeans.apache.org, so we have to use this
.htaccess file:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-website/blob/master/netbeans.apache.org/src/content/.htaccess

Re: RE: Redirection of netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
I’ve not used it but given the transition to Apache...maybe :-)

https://nutch.apache.org/

Eric Bresie
Ebresie@gmail.com

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi all,

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

I still have to investigate how to do 1.- below (this is different to
what we've done for bits.netbeans.org). Will try to update the JIRA in
the EU evening today.

Cheers,
Antonio

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.