Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by dukehoops <ni...@doppelganger.com> on 2008/10/09 19:56:27 UTC

markup for component extending RadioGroup?

Hi,

I created a component MyRadioGroup that extends RadioGroup (has two Radios
inside). I cannot figure out what to put in MyRadioGroup.html. The following
does not work because it expects MyRadioGroup to be a Panel:
<wicket:panel>
 <input wicket:id="radio1" type="radio"/>
 <input wicket:id="radio2" type="radio"/>
</wicket:panel>

Is the lesson here to only extend Panels (or FormComponentPanels) when
creating custom components that simply encapsulate other components?

thanks,
-nikita

-----

Re: markup for component extending RadioGroup?

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008, dukehoops wrote:
> Is the lesson here to only extend Panels (or FormComponentPanels) when
> creating custom components that simply encapsulate other components?

WebMarkupContainer, actually (Panel is fine if you want to
enforce the component to have its own HTML).

Does this cause a problem?

Best wishes,
Timo

--