Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cliff Rowley <cl...@onsea.com> on 2000/10/13 06:00:55 UTC

3.2+, Virtual hosts and auto generated configuration

Greetings,

I'm using the latest 3.x milestone build (3.2 Beta 6) for virtual host
support.  There are a couple of things I've
noticed about the auto-generated configuration (mod_jk.conf-auto) and I
wondered if anyone could
shed some light on it.

Firstly, is it (or will it be in the future) possible to personalize the
auto generated configuration a little?
I downloaded the milestone binary to save some time (something I am running
short of most of the time),
but it is intent on hard coding the location of mod_jk.so, erroneously
believing that on my machine
(FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE) it should exist in /usr/local/libexec, when in fact it
lives in /usr/local/libexec/apache

It's petty, I know but what can I say?  I get a little purist occasionally
:)

Secondly, there appears to be no injection of WEB-INF protection when
dealing with virtual hosts.
Whereas 'normal' web-apps are complemented with a <Location/> block to
prevent access, virtual
hosts are not.  Is this something that is on the TODO list?

Yes, petty again, more important things to do blah blah :)

Not important questions, ignorance is an option :)

Thanks.

Cliff Rowley

P.S. If this message looks screwed up, blame Outlook...  Until I can find a
better GUI client it's all I have...

The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.

- while ( !asleep ) { code(); }