Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2001/04/02 16:25:45 UTC

RE: Proposals

I'm +1 for both.

Best regards

Juergen Pill

-----Original Message-----
From: Remy Maucherat [mailto:remm@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 5:26 AM
To: slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Proposals

Hi,

I'd like to make a few proposals :

1) We may agree that the person who makes a modification and feels is worth
mentioning gets to update the changelog.xml. I failed to keep up lately ;)

2) I'd like to adopt Apache (the httpd) new version numbering system. So
1.0M8 becomes 1.0.8. By default, those build have "alpha" status. Then at
some point, one of those releases can be promoted as "beta" or "release"
status using a vote from the committers. According to the Apache rules, this
requires at least 3 +1s.

I'm +1 for both.

Remy