Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Jeff A. Drost" <JD...@galaxyplus.com> on 2006/05/18 22:52:01 UTC

MailLogger=OK, task =SMTPSendFailedException?

I cannot figure out why ant's MailLogger will send an email, but the
<mail> task will not, when they both share similar SMTP properties in my
build & properties file.

Ant 1.6.5
Windows XP SP2
Java 5 Update 6

The ant logger argument "-logger
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger" sends an email when my build
fails.  When I use the <mail> task in the same build script, a
SMTPSendFailedException is thrown:

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Requested action
not taken: message refused

Both the mail logger and the <mail> task share the same mail host.  The
only difference I can discern is the mime types.  The 2nd email, sent
via the <mail> task, is of mime type "text/html".  If I specify no
message mime type, I receive the same SMTPSendFailedException as above.

>From the properties file:
MailLogger.mailhost=something.com
MailLogger.from=something@something.com
MailLogger.port=25
MailLogger.failure.notify=true
MailLogger.success.notify=false
MailLogger.failure.to=JDrost@something.com
MailLogger.success.to=JDrost@something.com
MailLogger.failure.subject=Java Compile Failure
MailLogger.success.subject=Ant Success
test.mail.list=JDrost@something.com
test.mail.subject=Unit Test Failure

>From the ant build file:
<mail mailhost="${MailLogger.mailhost}" mailport="${MailLogger.port}"
	subject="${test.mail.subject}" tolist="${test.mail.list}"
	messagemimetype="text/html"
messagefile="${test.report.dir}/junit-noframes.html"
	from="${MailLogger.from}" replyto="${MailLogger.from}"
/>

Advise?

The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from your system and contact the sender.

Re: MailLogger=OK, task =SMTPSendFailedException?

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.
Silly question:  what happens if you do <echoproperties/> prior to the
<mail> call?  Do you see your various MailLogger properties set as you
have them in your properties file?  I am asking because I don't see,
based upon your example, the line that sets the properties from the
file...I'm wondering if maybe something isn't set as you expect it to be...

Jeff A. Drost wrote:
> I cannot figure out why ant's MailLogger will send an email, but the
> <mail> task will not, when they both share similar SMTP properties in my
> build & properties file.
>
> Ant 1.6.5
> Windows XP SP2
> Java 5 Update 6
>
> The ant logger argument "-logger
> org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger" sends an email when my build
> fails.  When I use the <mail> task in the same build script, a
> SMTPSendFailedException is thrown:
>
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Requested action
> not taken: message refused
>
> Both the mail logger and the <mail> task share the same mail host.  The
> only difference I can discern is the mime types.  The 2nd email, sent
> via the <mail> task, is of mime type "text/html".  If I specify no
> message mime type, I receive the same SMTPSendFailedException as above.
>
> >From the properties file:
> MailLogger.mailhost=something.com
> MailLogger.from=something@something.com
> MailLogger.port=25
> MailLogger.failure.notify=true
> MailLogger.success.notify=false
> MailLogger.failure.to=JDrost@something.com
> MailLogger.success.to=JDrost@something.com
> MailLogger.failure.subject=Java Compile Failure
> MailLogger.success.subject=Ant Success
> test.mail.list=JDrost@something.com
> test.mail.subject=Unit Test Failure
>
> >From the ant build file:
> <mail mailhost="${MailLogger.mailhost}" mailport="${MailLogger.port}"
> 	subject="${test.mail.subject}" tolist="${test.mail.list}"
> 	messagemimetype="text/html"
> messagefile="${test.report.dir}/junit-noframes.html"
> 	from="${MailLogger.from}" replyto="${MailLogger.from}"
> />
>
> Advise?

> The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from your system and contact the sender.

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549

252-478-8087 (Home)