Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Geldenhuys, Morgan Karl" <mo...@tu-berlin.de> on 2022/06/08 13:59:47 UTC

Flink Operator 1.0.0 not working

Greetings all,

I am trying to get the flink operator (https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-docs-release-1.0/) working, however running into a number of issues.

I have a fresh Kubernetes cluster running and have followed all the instructions for deploying the operator as per the documentation (https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-docs-release-1.0/docs/try-flink-kubernetes-operator/quick-start/).

The pods seem to start up correctly, however when I run the following command:

kubectl create -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/release-1.0/examples/basic.yaml

It returns with the following error:

error: unable to recognize "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/release-1.0/examples/basic.yaml": no matches for kind "FlinkDeployment" in version "flink.apache.org/v1beta1"

Any ideas?

Regards,

M.

Re: Flink Operator 1.0.0 not working

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Seems like something is off with your CRD.

You could try replacing it using:

kubectl replace -f
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/release-1.0/helm/flink-kubernetes-operator/crds/flinkdeployments.flink.apache.org-v1.yml

After that you should be able to deploy the examples.
Gyula