Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hardy <vi...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/11/30 20:17:06 UTC

[admin] JavaOne submission, please review

Hello,

I have entered our submission for the JavaOne session and  BOF. Please
review the submission at:

http://industry.java.sun.com/javaone2001/papers/browse/

The team is .... "Batik", the username and password is xml_batik
(underscore, not a dash).

Please note the following:

a. I entered only two speakers so far, because Thierry sent me his
information
   and I had mine :-). However, no speaker has been associated to either
   the session or the BOF.

b. I will add as speakers everyone sending me their information. Please
   send me that information ASAP. I will use the same information to
   update the whoAreWe page on the Batik site.

c. I suggest we all participate to the session and the BOF, either as
   speakers, demoers or question responder. There is a limit of 3
   speakers for sessions and BOF. Here is what I propose. For the
   BOF, I suggest the speakers be Christophe, Bill and Stephane. For
   the session, I suggest the speakers be Thomas, Thierry and
   myself. Let me know what you think quickly so that I can put that
   list in our submission.

Thanks.
V.

Re: [admin] JavaOne submission, please review

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.
Hi :

Since I have received no "nay" votes....
I have added a BOF proposal, "Internationalizing Web Content with Java
and Batik".

I have added myself as contact, also an internationalization person
here in Ireland - but he may be unable to attend.  However he has kindly
volunteered
to give assistance in creating an internationalization demo
(localized Web content on demand using Batik+XSLT).

I added myself to the other BOF list, but then seeing it empty, added
Christophe and Stephane as per Vincent's original suggestion.

I said yesterday that the BOF limit was two.  Either I misread that or
things have changed, the JavaOne site now says the limit for a BOF is
six :-)

Feel free to add/remove yourself, please...

-Bill

--------------
Bill Haneman
+1 353 1 849 0495

Re: [admin] JavaOne submission, please review

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.
Vincent Hardy wrote:
<...>
> I have entered our submission for the JavaOne session and  BOF. Please
> review the submission at:
>
> http://industry.java.sun.com/javaone2001/papers/browse/

> c. I suggest we all participate to the session and the BOF, either as
>    speakers, demoers or question responder. There is a limit of 3
>    speakers for sessions and BOF. Here is what I propose. For the
>    BOF, I suggest the speakers be Christophe, Bill and Stephane. For
>    the session, I suggest the speakers be Thomas, Thierry and
>    myself. Let me know what you think quickly so that I can put that
>    list in our submission.

Note that the speaker limit for a BOF is two (three for a technical
presentation).

One minor point: you say "the purpose of the BOF..." or something
to that effect in your abstract for the technical session - maybe a
cut-and-paste slip?  I think the intro for the technical session
is not quite as smooth reading as the intro for the BOF - perhaps
we can borrow from the Batik Team quote for inspiration?

I'll have a closer look tomorrow.  I'd certainly very much like to
participate in the JavaOne presentations, if there is "room".

-Bill

> Thanks.
> V.

--------------
Bill Haneman
+1 353 1 849 0495

Re: [admin] JavaOne submission, please review

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@eng.sun.com>.
Hello,

To recap:

a. Team name: Batik
b. User name: xml_batik
c. Password: xml_batik

I guess the confusion is that you do not need to enter "Batik" at any
time. Only xml_batik.

V.

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.

--