Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ma...@spe.sony.com on 2004/10/25 20:51:17 UTC

XSLTInputHandler questions

Folks

I am planning to use the following XSLTInputHandler constructor in an
applet downloaded on  the client side. Before I use it I have the following
questions.

public XSLTInputHandler(File xmlfile, File xsltfile) throws FOPException
{ }
  public XSLTInputHandler(String xmlURL, String xsltURL) throws
FOPException { }
  public XSLTInputHandler(InputSource xmlSource, InputSource xsltSource)
throws FOPException { }

1) Would a URL constructor passed as string like
new XSLTInputHandler (new String(http://host:7011/web/myXML.xml"), new
String(http://host:7011/web/myXSL.xsl"))
work ?

2) I read on some websites that
org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler(InputSource ,InputSource ) constructor
doesnt work for InputSource and can only be used for String and File
arguments? Have anyone made it work with InputSource  arguments?

3) As the XSLTInputHandler is called on client side I want to read the XSL
and XML files from app server. How should I go about reading the XSL,XML
files from server? as inputstreams?

Thanks
Manoj

Re: XSLTInputHandler questions

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Manoj,

Please do not cross-post to FOP-DEV and FOP-USER. Since all FOP-DEVs
read both lists, FOP-USER is adequate for posting your questions. The
FOP-DEV mailing list is for FOP development.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question (sorry!), so I
can't respond, but someone probably will shortly.

On Oct 25, 2004, at 11:51 AM, Manoj_Nair@spe.sony.com wrote:
> Folks
>
> I am planning to use the following XSLTInputHandler constructor in an
> applet downloaded on  the client side. Before I use it I have the
> following
> questions.
>
> public XSLTInputHandler(File xmlfile, File xsltfile) throws
> FOPException
> { }
>   public XSLTInputHandler(String xmlURL, String xsltURL) throws
> FOPException { }
>   public XSLTInputHandler(InputSource xmlSource, InputSource
> xsltSource)
> throws FOPException { }
>
> 1) Would a URL constructor passed as string like
> new XSLTInputHandler (new String(http://host:7011/web/myXML.xml"), new
> String(http://host:7011/web/myXSL.xsl"))
> work ?
>
> 2) I read on some websites that
> org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler(InputSource ,InputSource )
> constructor
> doesnt work for InputSource and can only be used for String and File
> arguments? Have anyone made it work with InputSource  arguments?
>
> 3) As the XSLTInputHandler is called on client side I want to read the
> XSL
> and XML files from app server. How should I go about reading the
> XSL,XML
> files from server? as inputstreams?
>

> Thanks
> Manoj