Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2003/11/28 03:08:45 UTC

Legacy APIs - Short Term Plan

Once upon a time, we were maintaining a legacy copy of the Struts API
because a big gap had developed between the nightly build and the last
stable release. There doesn't seem to be a need to continue doing this,
and I'm planning to remove the legacy APIs from CVS.

-Ted.

Re: Legacy APIs - Short Term Plan

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The current Javadocs are bundled with the documentation, in the
struts-documentation.war. :)

Andrew Hill wrote:
> While your at it how about actually including the javadocs in the
> distribution (or the source dist).
> A static html version of the other struts docs that doesnt require you to
> crank up a servlet container everytime you want to check something would
> also be very nice.

Ted Husted,
   Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,
   Struts in Action - <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>,
   JSP Site Design  - <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1861005512>.

RE: Legacy APIs - Short Term Plan

Posted by Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org>.
Not in struts-documentation.war :-)

Steve

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> Once upon a time, we were maintaining a legacy copy of the Struts API
> because a big gap had developed between the nightly build and the last
> stable release. There doesn't seem to be a need to continue doing this,
> and I'm planning to remove the legacy APIs from CVS.

By "API" do you mean javadocs?  I've found it useful to compare Sun's JDK
javadocs between versions and I imagine some people would like to compare
Struts versions.

David