Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Rhodes, Phillip C." <Ph...@alcoa.com> on 2001/05/10 19:13:19 UTC

LDAP implementation

I would like to switch Jetspeed security implementation out for my own which
uses stateful session beans that access an LDAP server.

What configuration settings need to be made and what classes need to be
overridden, etc?

Pointers would be appreciated.  Hopefully I can add to the project with some
source.

Phillip

Re: LDAP implementation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
> "Rhodes, Phillip C." wrote:
>
> I would like to switch Jetspeed security implementation out for my own
> which uses stateful session beans that access an LDAP server.
>
> What configuration settings need to be made and what classes need to
> be overridden, etc?
>
> Pointers would be appreciated.  Hopefully I can add to the project
> with some source.
>
> Phillip

If you want to help with an LDAP security backend, then look
in the jakarta-turbine cvs module. There is the start of an
implementation by GlueCode that has been abandoned as far as
I can tell but it's a start.

And don't send html mail to the lists.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: LDAP implementation

Posted by ra...@networks.groupvu.com.
> "Rhodes, Phillip C." wrote:
>
> I would like to switch Jetspeed security implementation out for my own which uses stateful session
> beans that access an LDAP server.
>
> What configuration settings need to be made and what classes need to be overridden, etc?

Jetspeed uses the Turbine authentication and authorization facilities, so if you want to
plug your own, you just need to provide an alternate implementation of these services.

--
Raphaƫl Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net