Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sanket Sharma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/10 15:27:37 UTC

[imaging] Writing a multi page tiff (subfiles)?

Hi,

I have been playing around with commons-imaging for a few days now and
wrote a small program to read and write files. However, I'm struggling to
find a the correct way to write a multi page tiff file.

The supported format page (
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-imaging/formatsupport.html) says
TIFF writing is supported, but there is no explicit method in Imaging class
to write a subfile or a second image.

I've been looking at the passing new subfile parameter to the writeImage
method

writeOptions.put(TiffTagConstants.TIFF_TAG_NEW_SUBFILE_TYPE.toString(),
TiffTagConstants.TIFF_TAG_NEW_SUBFILE_TYPE)

Not sure if that is the correct way though.

Anyways, I'll be experimenting over next few hours - but I would greatly
appreciate if you guys can help?

Best Regards,
Sanket