Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by Leon Hauck <le...@fulcrum-hosting.com> on 2008/03/14 03:34:08 UTC

Cookie Related Issue

First let me say that I'm finishing up my first project with websh and
really like it.  I've stared using tcl for general scripting on our
boxes and think that php and python are getting a bit bloated for our
use on web based stuff.  I've also been bitten a couple times during
upgrades.

Anyway - I was having a problem getting cookie based contexts working.
They would work fine on our development box, but not on our production box.

After tearing what what's left of my hair out for a few hours I tracked
the problem down to the NEW Google Analytics code on the production site
(that was not used on the development site).  Apparently either the
javascript code they are using, or the names of the cookies they are
setting ( four of them whose names are like __uta __utz and so on) is
interfering with the session initialization code.  As soon as I took out
the google analytics code everything was back to normal.

I just thought I'd toss this out there in case someone else ran into it.

-- Leon Hauck