Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ryan <ry...@sourcelabs.com> on 2008/03/06 22:23:12 UTC

error on creating a product

Following
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-businessSetupProcess
- getting a an error when creating a (the first) product:

The Following Errors Occurred:

Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException:
Service invocation error (Could not commit transaction for service
[createProduct] call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction, was
rolled back instead because of: Error in simple-method [
[file:/opt/sourcelabs/ofbiz/specialpurpose/bi/script/org/ofbiz/bi/DimensionServices.xml#prepareProductDimensionData]]:
Error running the simple-method: Error in simple-method operation []:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type id-ne not found
null)

 From searching through the src it looks like this is being invoked by
the service eca in the bi module, calling the method:
loadType1ProductInProductDimension

What am I going to hur by disabling that eca?

regards,
-Ryan

Re: error on creating a product

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
I got this to work by adding the olap piece to entityengine.xml

<delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localmysql"/>
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.olap"
datasource-name="localmysqlolap"/>
    </delegator>