Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Luciano Afranllie <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/11 14:35:10 UTC

Re: Use Kafka 0.9.0.1 or 0.10.0.0 with Zookeeper 3.5

Hi

I was able to run Kafka 0.9 using zookeeper-3.5.2-alpha with SSL enabled. I
did not do a deep testing but was able to run Kafka and produce/consume
using console tools.

What I did is to build zkClient with zookeeper-3.5.2-alpha and then build
Kafka with this new zkClient, zookeeper-3.5.2-alpha and Netty.
After that, I modified Zookeeper and Kafka start scripts and config to use
SSL as described in ZooKeeper SSL User Guide
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ZooKeeper+SSL+User+Guide>

If you think it is useful I can add a detailed description in Kafka or some
other wiki.

Regards
Luciano

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Luciano Afranllie <listas.luafran@gmail.com