Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roy Nielsen <rs...@lanl.gov> on 2004/01/13 21:50:52 UTC

[users@httpd] disable HTTP trace in Windows

Does the following apply to windows as well?

   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
   RewriteRule .* - [F]

The error message that comes up when apache is trying to start is something like:

spelling error on line XXX
     RewriteEngine on

I don't have access to the machine right now, or I'd give the exact message...

Thank you,
Roy Nielsen
rsn@lanl.gov

Re: [users@httpd] disable HTTP trace in Windows

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Roy Nielsen wrote:

> Does the following apply to windows as well?
>
>    RewriteEngine on
>    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
>    RewriteRule .* - [F]
>
> The error message that comes up when apache is trying to start is something like:
>
> spelling error on line XXX
>      RewriteEngine on
>
> I don't have access to the machine right now, or I'd give the exact
> message...

Most likely you don't have mod_rewrite included in the server.  You need
to uncomment the LoadModule (and if using 1.3, the AddModule) line related
to mod_rewrite.

But make sure you search the archives regarding the TRACE issue.  You'll
find that you are wasting your time.  For example,
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=106209718018381&w=2

Joshua.