Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/02 21:45:26 UTC

Re: I'm wondering namespace purge feature.

Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the user list so we can get email
notifications? You can refer to these instructions for more info:

KWANGSIK LEE wrote
> In my company, we're heavy user of Memcached clusters.
>
> Even though we're satisfied with the clusters as distributed in-memory
> cache system,
> we feel the lack of namespace purge feature.
>
> I wonder it's possible to purge cached items in namespace level using
> Apache Ignite.
>
> Also, I wonder there are more data structures(such as sorted hash map)
> like REDIS comparing to Memcached.
>
> Thanks.

Ignite allows to dynamically start and stop caches. So you can create a
separate cache for each namespace and completely remove any cache at any
moment of time using Ignite.destroyCache(String name) method. Is this what
you're looking for?

As for additional data structures, we currently support queues and sets [1],
atomics [2], countdownlatch [3] and ID generator [4]. Also there are some
others on the roadmap (see [5]).

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/queue-and-set
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/atomic-types
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/countdownlatch