Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Santhosh Kumar <sa...@autodesk.com> on 2007/01/17 02:40:29 UTC

[lang] Hi.. Proposal to add ByteUtils

We have been working on lots of Network and socket related projects in
Java. While doing so, I found the lack of a good utility class to handle
the byte conversion to convert the data types (like int or long or float
etc) into bytes and visa-versa. So has worked on a class called
ByteUtils which deals with such methods.  We have been using this class
in many of our internal projects and found very stable.

I would like ByteUtils to be included the lang library and sure it is
good addition to it.  Please let me know what you guys think.

Santhosh.

Re: [lang] Hi.. Proposal to add ByteUtils

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 1/16/07, Santhosh Kumar <sa...@autodesk.com> wrote:
> We have been working on lots of Network and socket related projects in
> Java. While doing so, I found the lack of a good utility class to handle
> the byte conversion to convert the data types (like int or long or float
> etc) into bytes and visa-versa. So has worked on a class called
> ByteUtils which deals with such methods.  We have been using this class
> in many of our internal projects and found very stable.
>
> I would like ByteUtils to be included the lang library and sure it is
> good addition to it.  Please let me know what you guys think.

Sounds interesting. We didn't get an attachment here, so could you
create a JIRA issue ( http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG ) and
attach it to that?

The aim is to get 2.3 out soon and then think about the next version -
so we would probably discuss this in the next version discussions.

Thanks,

Hen