Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nesto <ne...@libero.it> on 2003/10/06 15:50:59 UTC

SVG graphics not working

Hi!

I'm trying to write an application, that make use of svg graphics.
I'm developing the application on my windows pc and I run it without any
problems (cocoon 2.1.2 under tomcat 4.1.18).
When I want to deploy the application on a Linux server I cannot put it work
correctly: I cannot view the images in my browser.
I use the simple serializers svg2pgn or svg2jpeg.

I installed the same distribution (cocoon 2.1.2, built with the same
options), and all seems to work fine... but the svg graphics doesn't! (in my
browser (IE) I view the empty box  with the red x inside).
I cannot view even the svg samples (from the hello world! section).

Have you any idea of the reason of this behaviour?
Solution??

Thanks in advance!
Nesto

Re: SVG graphics not working

Posted by Oleg Dulin <ol...@opence.net>.
Yes, for headless operation u need to pass a parameter to jvm. Read JDK
1.4 docs for details. THis is only necessary on UNIX systems....  In
older JDKs you had to install a headless virtuall framebuffer.

Re: SVG graphics not working

Re: SVG graphics not working

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Have you checked the logs (catalina.out , core.log, error.log ..). I
think you need an XServer instance running and set some CATALINA_OPTS
display variables to get it going under linux. If you're running under
java 1.4 then you can try running it in headless mode as well.

I remember setting this up a few months ago, using the Batik and cocoon
mailinglist as a reference. It's not so difficult, but i can't remember
anything more specific sorry

rgds
Jorg