Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mauro Ferraro - G2K Hosting <mf...@g2khosting.com> on 2022/01/17 16:18:47 UTC

How Cloudstack choose Primary Storage?

Hi guys, how are you?. Happy new year!

We are deploying a new cloudstack integration with 2 primary storages
and we are wondering how cloudstack choose the storage to deploy de VM.

Somebody knows the criteria to select?, can we configure cloudstack to
decide automatically with some criteria?.

Thanks

Mauro

Re: How Cloudstack choose Primary Storage?

Posted by Mauro Ferraro - G2K Hosting <mf...@g2khosting.com>.
Hi Suresh, thanks for your answer!.

About the tag on the compute offering like you said, we use it to force
a deploy in a specific storage.

Now, we are working in the new version with automatic deploy thorugh the
API, like terraform, and we want to leave cloudstack select the storage
with his algorithm, but we don't know how it really works.

We are inspecting the global setting "storage.pool.allocators.order" and
it has the value
"LocalStorage,ClusterScopeStoragePoolAllocator,ZoneWideStoragePoolAllocator"

We can't understand how it works, can you said if there is any
documentation to know more about it or what values we can set to custom
this selection?. For example, select the storage with more capacity, the
storage with less load, or something like that.

Thanks!

Mauro