Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Kevin Hawkins <kh...@salesforce.com> on 2012/10/25 04:06:40 UTC

iOS: CDVViewController.startPage - Any thoughts/plans on allowing full URLs there?

We're building out frameworks based on Cordova that have feature parity between Android and iOS.  We've come into a refactoring project in our frameworks where it would be very useful to be able to optionally jump straight from native to an HTTP(S) endpoint as our start page.  Android can do this, but this functionality is not available in the iOS offering.

My question is, is this deliberately missing, or just something that never really got into the update queue?  I'd be willing to take a look at it, but it seemed prudent to first ask if there are good reasons for that not being available in iOS.

Cheers,
Kevin

Re: iOS: CDVViewController.startPage - Any thoughts/plans on allowing full URLs there?

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
The way I understand it is that apps signed with an enterprise cert will
run an any device, and are installed through mobile safari. If apple
catches your cert on an app that goes beyond the scope of your enterprise,
they'll revoke your cert and all of your apps will break.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Hawkins <kh...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.