Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alexander Kolesnikov <ak...@galactica.ru> on 2005/06/23 16:01:59 UTC

Stale link again

Sorry to reintroduce this topic again, but from the previous discussion
I didn't understand what happens in my case.

I am requesting a web service to get a list of cities, based on some
criteria. After I've got it, I want to display this list as a drop-down
list. So I am using the PropertySelection component creating its model
like this:

chosenCities = new StringPropertySelectionModel(displayCities);

where displayCities is a String[] containing cities to display.

At first this creation of chosenCities model happened in getChosenCities
() method.

When the first request is made, everything works fine. But when I change
criteria and make the second request, I get the following:

***
You have clicked on a stale link.

Rewind of form registration/dateForm expected 1 more form elements,
starting with id 'foundCities'.
***

Here foundCities is the id of the PropertySelection.

After reading the previous discussion of stale links I decided that the
reason for this problem is that I am creating the model out of form's
submit method. I moved this code into the form submit method, but the
problem persists.

What can be that other form element starting with 'foundCities'?

Thanks!