Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jason Weinstein <JW...@SeeBeyond.com> on 2003/01/09 19:08:54 UTC

load: class SOAPMonitorApplet.class not found

I am having trouble with the SOAPMonitorApplet

NOTE: I followed this excellent help file:
http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/java-xml/axis/axis-monitor.html

Could this be a permissions problem or a classpath problem? Any ideas?

http://localhost:8080/axis/SOAPMonitor

load: class SOAPMonitorApplet.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SOAPMonitorApplet.class
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	... 11 more

I have tried placing the *.class files in: WEB-INF\classes and as a jar
in
WEB-INF\lib

I have deployed the SoapMonitor service

deploy.wsdd

  <handler name="soapmonitor"
      type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SOAPMonitorHandler">
    <parameter name="wsdlURL"
      value="/axis/SOAPMonitorService-impl.wsdl"/>
    <parameter name="namespace"

value="http://tempuri.org/wsdl/2001/12/SOAPMonitorService-impl.wsdl"/>
    <parameter name="serviceName" value="SOAPMonitorService"/>
    <parameter name="portName" value="Demo"/>
  </handler>

  <service name="SOAPMonitorService" provider="java:RPC">
    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="publishMessage"/>
    <parameter name="className"
      value="org.apache.axis.monitor.SOAPMonitorService"/>
    <parameter name="scope" value="Application"/>
  </service>
</deployment>

server-config.wsdd

<handler name="soapmonitor"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SOAPMonitorHandler">
  <parameter name="wsdlURL" value="/axis/SOAPMonitorService-impl.wsdl"/>
  <parameter name="serviceName" value="SOAPMonitorService"/>
  <parameter name="namespace"
value="http://tempuri.org/wsdl/2001/12/SOAPMonitorService-impl.wsdl"/>
  <parameter name="portName" value="Demo"/>
 </handler>
 <handler name="LocalResponder"
type="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalResponder"/>
 <handler name="URLMapper"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.http.URLMapper"/>
 <handler name="RPCDispatcher"
type="java:org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider"/>
 <handler name="Authenticate"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthenticationHandler"/>
 <handler name="MsgDispatcher"
type="java:org.apache.axis.providers.java.MsgProvider"/>
 <service name="AdminService" provider="java:MSG">
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="AdminService"/>
  <parameter name="enableRemoteAdmin" value="false"/>
  <parameter name="className" value="org.apache.axis.utils.Admin"/>
  <namespace>http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/</namespace>
 </service>
 <service name="Version" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getVersion"/>
  <parameter name="className" value="org.apache.axis.Version"/>
 </service>
 <service name="SOAPMonitorService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="publishMessage"/>
  <parameter name="scope" value="Application"/>
  <parameter name="className"
value="org.apache.axis.monitor.SOAPMonitorService"/>
 </service>

web.xml

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>SOAPMonitorService</servlet-name>
  <display-name>SOAPMonitorService</display-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.axis.monitor.SOAPMonitorService</servlet-class

 <init-param>
  <param-name>SOAPMonitorPort</param-name>
  <param-value>5001</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>SOAPMonitorService</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/SOAPMonitor</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Any ideas? Do I have to edit the web.xml and uncomming the tags? If so
how?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
In my environment (and probably yours), the SOAPMonitorApplet class wasn't
compiled yet.  There was a SOAPMonitorApplet.java file in the document root
of the axis web application, but no SOAPMonitorApplet.class.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com