Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by djames <dp...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/26 07:45:17 UTC

in-vm java broker for junit, accessable from qpid-config & qpid-stat

I have been trying to create an in-VM broker for junit testing.

I tried an approach mentioned in an earlier posting:

Broker broker = new Broker();
try
{
  broker.startup(options);
  doWork(port);
}
finally
   broker.shutdown();
}

.. and set anonymous authentication in the config file:

qpid-config.xml
(fragment)
<security>
  <anonymous-auth-manager/>
</security>

- and a broker was created OK, but I wanted to verify and monitor from the
command line

qpid-config -b guest/guest@localhost:port

- but I got "Failed: connectionError: connection aborted.
on the VM console I got a response
(qpid.message.connection.open CON-1001 Protocol Version: 0-10
qpid.message.connection.close [Broker] CON-1002: Close)

what do I need to do to have an in-vm broker, ideally with no
authentication, and access it from the python tools via the command line?

BTW I posted a question a few months back, but have been side-tracked on
other projects. I am using qpid 0.18. Perhaps a later version?

Re: in-vm java broker for junit, accessable from qpid-config & qpid-stat

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

(I've cross-posted to the users list where more people might respond)

So, yes 0.18 is quite old now...

The general approach for setting up an inVM broker looks correct... though
in more recent versions the config file has changed from the xml file to a
json file (and you should probably be able to start up without actually
needing a file per se, but I'd have to dig a bit deeper into how to startup
in memory providing configuration directly).

You mention connecting with the python tools - is this a requirement?  The
python tools use QMF to manage the (C++) broker... and the Java Broker has
never had a full implementation of that.  After version 0.18 we took out
the QMF implementation entirely and for later versions you'll want to look
at the QMF plugin for the Java Broker that Fraser Adams wrote if you need
QMF support...

In order to diagnose your issue we'd probably need to get more debug info
from qpid-config as to why it is failing.  Have you tested with a simple
Python client (or a Java or C++ client) just to check connectivity?

-- Rob

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,