Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2011/05/10 19:20:21 UTC

Thanks for the votes

Votes to commit since Warren proposed his 3.3.2 release, 10 days ago:

Henrik Krohns     15
Kevin A. McGrail  13
Mark Martinec      7
AXB (Alex Broens?) 1

While things like finding problems, creating the fixes and committing
them are in some ways more important, this project seems to be seriously
bottlenecking on these votes for commits, so thanks for taking the time.

That leaves 15 people I didn't find votes from in that period who are
listed as PMC members or active committers.  I know some of these did other
important things, and I'm sure some have great reasons they didn't have
time to vote (not sarcasm).

PMC:
Theo Van Dinter
Duncan Findlay
Matt Kettler
Sidney Markowitz
Justin Mason
Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Michael Parker
Daniel Quinlan
Dale 'Doc' Schneider
Malte S. Stretz

Committers:
Tony Finch
Steve Freegard
John Hardin
Adam Katz
Warren Togami

And it looks like Henrik Krohns needs to be added to the committers list in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/CREDITS?root=Apache-SVN&view=markup

It still seems like releases from trunk would be a great way to avoid this
voting bottleneck.

--
"Every man, woman and child on the face of this earth is at the mercy
of chaos." - a maxwell smart movie

Re: Thanks for the votes

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
> Not sure if the CLA status is equivalent to that of a committer but I
> submitted the CLA quite a while ago but Bugzilla still doesn’t remark (see
> 6376 and comments). That would at least cause the Windows patches I proposed
> to require only two votes.
>
> Daniel
CLA doesn't give you a vote but it helps us apply patches that are
non-trivial.

Regards,
KAM

Re: Thanks for the votes

Posted by Daniel Lemke <le...@jam-software.com>.

Re: Thanks for the votes

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 10 May 2011, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> On 05/10, John Hardin wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 May 2011, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>>> That leaves 15 people I didn't find votes from in that period who are
>
>>> Committers:
>>> John Hardin
>>
>> I don't yet have sufficient familiarity with the code itself to feel
>> comfortable voting on most bugs. Right now I'm focused on rule
>> hacking.
>
> Please forgive me for replying to the list, but I think this is important
> enough:
>
> "If you don't understand the workings of the code you're voting on, don't
> worry about it too much. Do your best, and if all else fails, vote on the
> structural aspects of the patch, and its code quality. It's not expected
> that every committer knows how all of SpamAssassin works -- but it is
> important that R-T-C has enough people voting!"
>
> - http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DevelopmentMode

Ah, ok. I will do so. I hadn't read that bit.

   Win95: Where do you want to go today?
   Vista: Where will Microsoft allow you to go today?
  152 days since the first successful private orbital launch (SpaceX)

Re: Thanks for the votes

Posted by da...@chaosreigns.com.
On 05/10, John Hardin wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2011, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> >That leaves 15 people I didn't find votes from in that period who are

> >Committers:
> >John Hardin
>
> I don't yet have sufficient familiarity with the code itself to feel
> comfortable voting on most bugs. Right now I'm focused on rule
> hacking.

Please forgive me for replying to the list, but I think this is important
enough:

"If you don't understand the workings of the code you're voting on, don't
worry about it too much. Do your best, and if all else fails, vote on the
structural aspects of the patch, and its code quality. It's not expected
that every committer knows how all of SpamAssassin works -- but it is
important that R-T-C has enough people voting!"

 - http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DevelopmentMode

--
"Speed is a metaphor for freedom."
http://www.ChaosReigns.com