Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> on 2005/10/14 18:02:02 UTC

mod_authn_dbd

I've finally got around to test-driving mod_authn_dbd.
With one tiny but important change, it works well for the
password function, and complements the range of
existing authn functions.

Any thoughts on my committing modules/aaa/mod_authn_dbd.c ?

Minimal Configuration I've been testing with pgsql:

LoadModule dbd_module modules/mod_dbd.so
LoadModule authn_dbd_module modules/mod_authn_dbd.so

DBDriver pgsql
DBDParams "dbname=htpasswd user=apache pass=xxxxxx"
DBDMin  1
DBDKeep 2
DBDMax  10
DBDExptime 60

<Directory /usr/www/test>
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName test
    AuthBasicProvider dbd
    AuthDBDUserPWQuery "select password from authn where username = %s"
    Require User nick
</Directory>

--
Nick Kew

Re: mod_authn_dbd

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Nick Kew wrote:

> Any thoughts on my committing modules/aaa/mod_authn_dbd.c ?

Code looks good and 'works for me' on a simple test - is there more docs
somewhere than just the example ?

Dw