Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2006/10/18 07:15:39 UTC

Need Help with WS-A systest

I just committed a bunch of code to enable client side fault handling. I
got side tracked with correlation, but then decided the crap that I
wrote was completely unncessary as we're already doing correlation in
MAPAggregator... Somewhere along the way I seem to have broken WS-A as
the systest no longer passes, but I can't for the life of me figure out
what I did.

There were two main changes. First, I set things up so that the
transport is responsible for correlating the exchange (if possible -
obviously its not always). This means the transport needs to set both
the message.exchange and exchange.inMessage. Setting the
exchange.inMessage actually does both, so I switched everything to use
that.

Second, I removed the partial response handling from ClientImpl. As I
said in the commit message, it seems that the ws-rm implementation
should provide its own MessageObserver. Or at the very least, we should
provide some better way of figuring out if its a partial response. One
option woudl be setting a PARTIAL_RESPONSE property in the message.
Another would be creating a different message label - i.e.
exchange.setMessage("partial", message) - and then we can test if the
received message equals exchange.inMessage. Regardless, I tried adding
the partial response checking back in and it still didn't work.

Can someone more familiar with the WS-A code help shed some light? I'm
thoroughly stumped. Most likely I'm doing something insanely stupid :-)

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053