Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Siegfried Heintze <si...@heintze.com> on 2005/12/23 07:26:05 UTC

xalan v. xerces

Hmmm. I would imagine that this would be answered in the faq but apparently
there is no faq. Here is the message I received:

Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
mailing list.

FAQ - Frequently asked questions of the xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org list.

None available yet.

I want to de/serialize and manipulate DOMs with CreateElement, appendChild
and setAttribute  and query with xpaths. Which API should I be using:
xerces-c or xalan-c? Is there a sample program?  I looked at
c:/dev/xalan/Xalan-C_1_10_0-win32-msvc_60/samples/TransformToXercesDOM/Trans
formToXercesDOM.cpp but could not figure out how to serialize the Xalan DOM
using the serialize function.

Is there an example of

xslt functions? In other words is there a way get a XalanParsedSource from
DOMDocument?

(2)     Converting XalanParserSource back to a xerces DOMDocument?

Thanks,

Siegfried