Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by nsm100 <ns...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/05/04 08:48:28 UTC

migrating asp, .net application from IIS to apache

I have an application done using ASP, .NET using IIS Web server. The
customer wants to migrate the application to Apache server. Whats the
best option which involves less time in migrating to the Apache ?
Please help.

Manoj

Re: migrating asp, .net application from IIS to apache

Posted by Warren Young <wa...@etr-usa.com>.
nsm100 wrote:

> I have an application done using ASP, .NET using IIS Web server. The
> customer wants to migrate the application to Apache server. Whats the
> best option which involves less time in migrating to the Apache ?

ChiliSoft or some other such commercial thing, if your time is not free.
  Apache::ASP uses an entirely different programming language (Perl, not
VB), though the programming model is the same.

This is covered in the documentation on apache-asp.org.

Re: migrating asp, .net application from IIS to apache

Posted by Skylos <sk...@gmail.com>.
Apache::ASP

You can pretty much directly translate the ASP object model calls and
program logic into Perl.

I've done this for two sizable sites personally.

Skylos