Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/30 21:44:01 UTC

System Call Sampler comments

I don't like the name "System Call".
To me a system call is a programming term for a standard system API invocation.

I think the sampler needs to be renamed to make its function clearer.

"System Process" would be slightly better.
Or perhaps "External Process" ? Or "OS Process" ?
Or something else?

Also, the GUI screen is quite awkward to use as the name column is ignored.
Either use a single column, or perhaps use "Parameter" and
"Description" columns?

Re: System Call Sampler comments

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
I agree for renaming.
Regards awkwardness, in fact it was to avoid recoding lot of behaviour
given by ArgumentsPanel.
I agree it would be better.
Do you think we should recode or make some little change to ArgumentsPanel
to enable choosing the columns to display ? In this case we would only
display "Value".

Thanks
Regards
Philippe