Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Brian McBride <br...@epimorphics.com> on 2019/09/01 08:53:02 UTC

Re: JENA-1620 and Query timeout overrides

Hi Chris,

Thank you for responding.

On 31/08/2019 22:40, Chris Tomlinson wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> The Lucene version changed in 3.10.0 to 7.4 from 6.4 in 3.9.0 (and earlier). I don’t think this has anything to do with the problem though.
>
> I’m surprised that the query you indicate works in 3.9.0. It looks like what’s intended is a phrase query but it needs to be surrounded by double quotes:
>
>      ?s text:query (“\”street: the\”” 3000000)

Its useful to note the lucene version change.  That is a major number
change.  I'd better check out whether any changes might affect us.

Its not intended to be a phrase query.  the 'street:' is specifying the
name of a lucene field.  This is the appropriate fragment from the
config.ttl:

[[

<#entMap> a text:EntityMap ;
     text:entityField      "uri" ;
     text:defaultField     "text" ;
     text:map (
          [
            text:field "text" ;
            text:predicate rdfs:label ;
            text:analyzer [
              a text:StandardAnalyzer ;
                text:stopWords ( ) ;
            ]
          ]

          [
            text:field "street" ;
            text:predicate def-common:street ;
            text:analyzer [
              a text:StandardAnalyzer ;
                text:stopWords ( ) ;
            ]
          ]

     ]

]]

> the Lucene query is created by taking the default field name, “text” is this case and dropping the query string in, giving:
>
>      text:string: the

Not following that bit - but as I say - the query has specified the
field name.

Regards
Brian

Brian McBride
brian.mcbride@epimorphics.com

Epimorphics Ltd www.epimorphics.com
Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
Tel: 01275 399069

Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol
BS20 6PT, UK