Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sarta53 <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/31 15:08:38 UTC

[users@httpd] How to change https port from 443

How do I prevent apache from binding to port 443?  I want incoming port 443 available for ssh logins and HTTPS support is not needed so only want apache to bind to port 80

My /etc/apache/httpd.conf has port 80, but no mention of 443 anywhere, yet netstat reveals it binding to port 443.

Alternatively, if I can just change the https port to something else, that will suffice as well.

I have apache 1.3.29.0.2-5 on Debian Linux (knoppix)

Re: [users@httpd] How to change https port from 443

Posted by sarta53 <sa...@yahoo.com>.
> sarta53 wrote:
> >
> > there is no /etc/httpsd directory, and there is no https.conf anywhere on my
> system.
> Look in the /etc/apache directory for sub-directories.
> In one of those, there is certainly a file that contains a line like
> Listen 443
>
> That file is probably "Include"-d in your main httpd.conf during startup.

Great, I found it in /etc/apache/conf.d/mod-ssl-00-global.conf

Now, how would I disable https altogether?

Re: [users@httpd] How to change https port from 443

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by sarta53 <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>.