Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sh...@accenture.com on 2011/09/30 00:45:01 UTC

Locking & Shared File System Master Slave

I'm looking to set up a 'Shared File System Master Slave'. I see that the documentation makes it clear that on Linux, NFSv4 provides proper lock release in the event of the Master's failure.

What if all my AMQ instances are on Windows 2008 servers? Will a shared Windows directory work? I don't know enough about the Windows filesystem to know if it will also provide the proper locking and lock release needed for this setup.

What if some of the AMQ servers are on Linux and some are on Windows?

-ste

Re: Locking & Shared File System Master Slave

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
For windows, I think you will have to ask the computer.

There is no magic in the code, it is a regular RandomAccessFile channel lock

see: org.apache.kahadb.util.LockFile#lock from:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/kahadb/src/main/java/org/apache/kahadb/util/LockFile.java?view=markup

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com