Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com> on 2008/05/05 23:53:09 UTC

London Wicket Event - June 4th, at Google UK

I'm pleased to confirm that our next London Wicket Event will be held on June
4th, again at Google's London offices.

We've been attracting a really nice crowd as well as encouraging and very
positive feedback/reviews. If you' like to come along register (early)
http://www.jweekend.co.uk/dev/LWUGReg/ at the usual place .

I expect we will have 3 or 4 presentations this time, most likely from
http://herebebeasties.com Al , myself and a couple of you that have already
proposed some interesting topics (remember we are always interested in
http://www.jweekend.co.uk/dev/ContactUsBody/ hearing from you  if you'd like
to have a go too). I'll confirm details, hopefully in the next few days,
when I have fixed the schedule.

We will have our regular free draw for  http://martijndashorst.com/blog/
Martijn  and  http://chillenious.wordpress.com/ Eelco 's
http://manning.com/dashorst/ Wicket In Action (MEAP) .

Regards - Cemal

http://jWeekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk

Re: London Wicket Event - June 4th, at Google UK

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
With just a week to go, our London event is proving as popular as ever and it
looks like we may fill the auditorium at Google again (~50 places). Make
sure you  http://www.jweekend.com/dev/LWUGReg/ register  soon and _remember
to confirm or cancel_ using the link in the automated email sooner rather
than later. We have now settled on once every 2 months (usually the first
Wednesday of even numbered months - where, disturbingly for some people I've
known, January is month 1!). This seems about right, WDYT? Either way, I'd
like to thank those of you that have come along for the kind and thoughtful
feedback.

Added to the schedule below, we may squeeze in one extra talk ("stateful vs
stateless" presented by  http://www.3b-workshop.com/ Ian Godman ) and
http://herebebeasties.com Al 's topic this time is a suitably ambitious
"gallery application". We'll probably have some time to help with people's
projects too, so feel free to bring along some kit and/or code.

Could our other speakers that wanted me to review their presentation
material please make sure I get at least an outline by the weekend so I can
be sure to get some feedback to you?

It'll be a year since I tracked down Al and proposed setting this event up
and so I will also be announcing some special news to celebrate our first
full year of
http://www.nabble.com/London-Wicket-Users-Group%2C-July-3rd---interested--p11129672.html
Wicket events  and  http://www.jweekend.com/dev/JW703/ jWeekend Wicket
training courses  including 3 pre-paid licences for
http://martijndashorst.com/blog/ Martijn  and
http://chillenious.wordpress.com/ Eelco 's  http://manning.com/dashorst/
Wicket In Action  MEAP in our draw this time and big discounts for our
anniversary course (exclusively for delegates at this event).

Again, I would like to thank Google for the great support (providing great
facilities and even Pizza for all our delegates) for our event. Visit
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com them   for info on other interesting
stuff they are organising.

Regards - Cemal
http://jWeekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk

Here's an update on our June 4th, London Wicket Event at Google (more
details on our "Wicket In Action" draw etc ... in my original post, pasted
below):

http://faler.wordpress.com/ Wille Faler  is going to talk about using the
"Open Session In View" pattern with Wicket (I've just been over his
high-level plan and this promises to be quite an instructive presentation,
covering some "real-world"/practical issues.

http://www.richard-wilkinson.co.uk/ Richard Wilkinson  is going to show us a
Wicket  "Google Maps overlay" panel.

http://herebebeasties.com Al Maw  will be performing his usual magic (but
possibly on a slightly different scale ...).

Time permitting, I'll show you how to use Select and SelectOption when
DropDownChoice doesn't give you enough control (ie if you want each option
displayed with a different style). I'm also putting together a Wicket front
end to a Drools Sudoku solver (that I may commit back to the Drools project
later), but that will probably have to wait until our August (probably 6th)
event.

You know where to  http://jweekend.co.uk/dev/LWUGReg/ register  and
http://jweekend.com/dev/ContactUsBody/ contact us  if you'd like to give us
a presentation too.

Regards - Cemal
http://jweekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk

PS Eelco, thanks for that. This does demand quite a bit more commitment than
we envisaged at first but as long as we're still enjoying it and getting
great, appreciative feedback we'll keep going here in London and maybe even
help sponsor something on a more international level when the time is right.
Any ideas are more than welcome. I am still keen to get some of the other
core developers to join us at some point - our guests would appreciate that
too.

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
[...]

topics (remember we are always interested in hearing from you if you'd like

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.