Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Yves S. Garret" <yo...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/27 05:07:01 UTC

Nutch 2.1 n00b trying to install and crawl for the first time

Hi all, I'm running CentOS 6.4, nutch 2.1 and java 1.7.0 openjdk.  I'm
trying to setup Nutch to
work just on my laptop and play with it.  When I try to run Nutch, this is
what I see:

http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1253503188

This is what I did to set my JAVA_HOME:

$ JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk"
$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk
$ export JAVA_HOME
$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk

What am I doing wrong?  Something obvious that I'm messing up?

Re: Nutch 2.1 n00b trying to install and crawl for the first time

Posted by "Yves S. Garret" <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I'm not aware that I had to use a DB.  I was following this tutorial
and figured that whatever info that was generated would be in a text file:

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial#Introduction

Can I put stuff temporarily in a text-file?

Posted by "Yves S. Garret" <yo...@gmail.com>.
Oh, that's silly of me.  Wrong tut for the wrong version :) .

Posted by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yves,