Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Kamlesh kumar <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/16 01:56:59 UTC

Axis C++ SOAP 1.2 faults

I am interested in creating SOAP faults based on SOAP
1.2 spec using Axis C++. Looking at SOAPFault API it
seems we can only create SOAP fault that is compliant
with SOAP 1.1 spec.

Also, I see the following comment in the SOAPFault
serialize() function?

int SoapFault::serialize(SoapSerializer& pSZ,
SOAP_VERSION eSoapVersion)
{
    // written according to SOAP Version 1.1

Is there a way I can create SOAP 1.2 faults or is this
a known issue ? Also, are there any plans to address
it?

Thanks,
Kamlesh

Re: Axis C++ SOAP 1.2 faults

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,

There is a Jira issue to provide support for SOAP 1.2 faults (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-642 ), and I made this
proposal on how this could be implemented (
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-c-dev&m=111640463326474&w=2 )
Regretably, I personally haven't had any time to implement this function,
and it doesn't look like I'm going to anytime soon.

Of course, this is an open source project so anybody can take this issue
and proposal and donate a suitable implementation back to the community.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Re: Axis C++ SOAP 1.2 faults