Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Algot Antonsson <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/16 15:43:49 UTC

Add a spammailbox to apache james 3.0 m3

Hi,

I am testing the new James (M3-snapshot-0601) and have encountered some
problems.

I am configuring the spamfilters and spammanagement, the problem is that i
want the spam to be in a separate inbox so that the users can access it.  I
am using a database for mail storage and user data. I have tried to just
send the mail to the inbox but got the following error:

ERROR 15:30:14,062 | james.mailrepositorystore | JdbcMailRepository 'null,
table 'JAMES_MAIL': JDBC Mail Attributes support was activated but column
'message_attributes' is missing in table 'JAMES_MAIL'.
WARN  15:30:14,065 | james.mailrepositorystore | Exception while creating
repository:Error creating bean with name 'db': Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: JdbcMailRepository 'null,
table 'JAMES_MAIL': JDBC Mail Attributes support was activated but column
'message_attributes' is missing in table 'JAMES_MAIL'.
with name 'db': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.sql.SQLException: JdbcMailRepository 'null, table 'JAMES_MAIL': JDBC
Mail Attributes support was activated but column 'message_attributes' is
missing in table 'JAMES_MAIL'

Is it possible to store SPAM in the standard mail database as a separate
mailbox or do i have to make some special configuration to be able to do it?

Re: Add a spammailbox to apache james 3.0 m3

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Redirecting spam mail to a mailbox (and not to a mailstore, see [1] for
more details about mailstore) is not supported for the moment.

We talked about this a few months ago, and that's something we want to
support. You can log your need on [2] JAMES-1272 "Roadmap for Apache
James Server 3.1".

Tks,
- Eric

[1] http://james.apache.org/server/3/feature-persistence.html