Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by na...@reactor8.com on 2016/03/27 20:31:31 UTC

hive 2.x support

Was catching up on news from other projects, noticed this from Hive 2.0
release:

-------------------

15 February 2016 : release 2.0.0 available¶
<http://hive.apache.org/downloads.html#15-february-2016-release-200-availabl
e>

This release works with Hadoop 2.x.y. Hive 1.x line will continue to be
maintained with Hadoop 1.x.y support. You can look at the complete JIRA
change log for this release
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12332641&sty
leName=Text&projectId=12310843> .

-------------------------------

Assuming this means that Hadoop 2 users should move to Hive 2.x sooner than
later.  Whats groups thought on moving bigtop version of hive to 2.x?

Re: hive 2.x support

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I think it is a viable plan to have all these updated in 1.2
Shall we?

Cos

Re: hive 2.x support

Posted by "김영우 (Youngwoo Kim)" <wa...@gmail.com>.