Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Karl Kraft <ka...@karlkraft.com> on 2014/01/14 19:42:45 UTC

TotalEnqueueCount decreases sporadically?

To keep an eye on the health of a set of ActiveMQ servers I wrote a small Java program that connects using a JMXConnector and MBeanServerConnection.  It then outputs a few basic stats about the server every 60 seconds.

Two of the attributes of the broker that I am monitoring is TotalEnqueueCount and TotalDequeueCount.

Normally this value slowly increases over time, but periodically goes down

example (1 minute intervals)

enqueue=394599
enqueue=394603
enqueue=394609
enqueue=394627
enqueue=394625  <<==—  Went down by 2
enqueue=394625
enqueue=394625
enqueue=394629
enqueue=394561  <<==— Went down by 68

Does anyone know the situation under which TotalEnqueCount and TotalDequeueCount  would go down instead of up?  They tend to both go down at the same time.

The servers are pretty much a normal setup, with the exception that the servers are connected to one another using networkConnectors.  However I have another set of servers (with different connected clients) that are also connected via networkConnectors, and they don’t exhibit this problem at all.

--
Karl Kraft
415-449-9445