Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Swavek Skret <sw...@appliedbroadband.com> on 2007/06/27 02:04:52 UTC

RE: Classpath Problem with Weblogic 8.1 JMS Server

Hello Chad,

I am actually deploying on Tomcat and my application is attempting to
connect to the JMS server (Weblogic 8.1 SP5).

Here is what I tried:

I added the weblogic.jar and wlclient.jar to axis2/WEB-INF/lib directory and
got the following error at the tomcat startup:

Jun 26, 2007 5:49:21 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
validateJarFile

INFO: validateJarFile(C:\Tomcat6.0\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\lib\weblogic.jar) -
jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class

And if the weblogic.jar is not present on the classpath, I get the following
error: [ERROR] AxisServlet - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/corba/se/connection/ORBSocketFactory.

These errors lead me to believe that an attempt to load weblogic.jar before
axis2 jars causes the runtime  java.land.LinkageError that  I reported
originally and an attempt to load weblogic.jar after axis2 jars fails due to
the servlet 2.3 specs issue above. Is there any alternative way to control
the application classpath?

Thanks,

Swavek

Posted by Swavek Skret <sw...@appliedbroadband.com>.
Hello Martin,

Thanks for the tip: Once I added the rt.jar from the BEA installation to the
classpath and used the thin BEA JMS client (wlclient.jar and
wljmsclient.jar) it started working! Thanks a lot.

Since my application uses a number of third party jars, I want to separate
the application jars from axis2/WEB-INF/lib directory where I have them so
far. I tried to put them into my aar file lib directory but now none of my
third party classes can be found. Here is how my aar file looks like:

|Archive file

|   -com

|      |-.

|   -lib

|      |-libx.jar

|      |-liby.jar

|      |-.

|   -META-INF

|      |-MANIFEST.MF

|      |-services.xml

|      |-x.wsdl

|      |-y.xsd

|      |-.

and I create it by copying my third party jars into the build/classes/lib/
and run 'ant jar.server'. Please let me know if I am missing any step or if
I need to do something alternative.

Thanks,

Swavek