Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 01:28:33 UTC

source tree for lucene

i want to recompile lucene with
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2230, but im not sure
which source tree to use, i tried using the implied trunk revision
from the admin/system page but solr fails to build with the generated
jars, even if i exclude the patches from 2230...

im wondering if there is another lucene tree i should grab to use to build solr?

--joe

Re: source tree for lucene

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
The Solr trunk/lib directory contains lucene libs as of January 18.
(They were checked in on that date.)

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: source tree for lucene

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: i want to recompile lucene with
: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2230, but im not sure
: which source tree to use, i tried using the implied trunk revision
: from the admin/system page but solr fails to build with the generated
: jars, even if i exclude the patches from 2230...

Hmmm... I think the problem you are running into is that the "Lucene
Implementation Version" information that Solr displays only tells you the
svn revision number -- but not the branch.

If you note the Solr 1.4 CHANGES.txt it says...

	Versions of Major Components
	Apache Lucene 2.9.1 (r832363 on 2.9 branch)
	Apache Tika 0.4
	Carrot2 3.1.0

...so the key is to check out the 2.9 branch.

(none of which garuntees that any patches you try will actually compile)

-Hoss